Work Pattern: Full Time
Closing Date: 04/07/2017
Operations Support Manager
Would you like to be at the forefront of improving the next generation’s health and well-being, by shaping the food culture in Education
Here at Pabulum, we take our values so seriously that we put Education, Passion, Sensation and Innovation forefront of everything we do. 94% of our food is freshly prepared on site every day, using 75% British produce and little or no frozen or processed foods.
At Pabulum, you're important; without our employees we wouldn't be where we are today with such a strong, innovative and constantly growing business. With over 120 sites across Southern England there's plenty of opportunity for you to grow, learn and develop. We are now seeking a talented Operations Support Manager to join our fantastic team!
In this particular role, we’re looking for:
- A motivated and experienced manager with a food/catering service background
- You will have multi-site managerial experience and exposure to clients
- Excellent interpersonal,communication and organisational skills
- Educational experience would be a bonus but not necessarily required
This is a mobile role and the areas you’ll be covering are Cambridgeshire/Essex (you will need to live within 30 miles of Cambridge).
You’ll need your own transport, UK driving licence and be motivated to travel between our sites as required. Of course, car allowance is paid as standard.
Some of the key functions of this role include:
- Responsibility for a number of contracts reporting directly to the Regional Business Manager
- Reviewing business performance and managing your own profit and loss accounts
- Developing great working relationships with Clients, Unit Managers and Customers
- Leading, inspiring and motivating a team of Unit managers to provide exceptional service
- Monitoring Health and Safety and Training and Development within your Units and providing support where needed
This is not an exhaustive list and you’ll need to be prepared to think on your feet! It goes without saying that a high level of communication and organisational skills are essential, and our ideal candidate will understand that.
The hours of work are 40 per week (or as required by the business), 52-weeks of the year. As you will be working within schools and colleges, you will need to provide two employment/character references and we’ll also carry out an Enhanced DBS Check as well (which we’ll pay for).
All interest in this role is really appreciated but sometimes we’re so overwhelmed with responses that we can only contact for interview those applicants whose skills and experience match our requirements for the role.